Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Google closing adsense accounts

As I mentioned on my monitor site I was planning to update on my adsense adventure but instead of great news that I had in mind for this post I now have to write about somewhat bad news I found out right after last update in monitor site. Appears Google started to hunt down so called MFA (made for adsense) site creators and suspending their accounts but paying out in full what they are owed. This has affected quite many adsense users already but from what I can tell mostly those were people earning 4-5 digit figures per month and using either MFA sites without content or with some bits of content to get around that quality score penalty. This has affected also some of the arbitragers who used content based approach by creating one page landing pages with few paragraphs and several adsense blocks but without any other links which actually forced visitors to either hit back button or choose one of the ads which raised CTR for those visits to 50-60% and made such sites quite profitable arbitrage wise.
As I discussed this issue with other more experienced content based arbitragers none of them received such suspension and we all agreed that this could because we have larger mini-sites with like 10-15 pages which all are interlinked and design is not that abviously MFA style but closer to general template designs. But this recent development from Google side who in my opinion are not just looking for their best interest but also for interests of advertisers who barely use content network advertising lately has motivated me to work on further changes for my site which would include adding other means of monetising like clickbank links and of course increasing content value not just by quantity but also by quality via adding only unique self written articles. This way I will be able also to bring in some organic traffic which will come from search engines free although building free traffic will take more time.
I will be researching into this account closing issue further to find out more details and understand real reasons behind this move by Google but I am quite certain this was aimed mostly to those who host adsense ads without and additional value like quality content and bring paid traffic to such sites to cash in from such situation that is made available.
One thing I found out just this morning is that Google adwords program will soon be improved by adding content network traffic detailed reports which will allow advertisers to see which content network sites are converting for them and which are waste of their money. This way it will be possible to filter out such no quality mfa sites easier and put them out of business actually. This indeed is good news for content arbitragers because now we will be able to increase quality of our traffic which will increase payout rate as well. My recent actions where I worked on increasing ROI were more or less in this direction where I tried to understand which traffic brings more revenue and filter out other traffic but it wasn't based on exact data just some assumptions and conclusions I came to but now I will have complete tool to analyse such data.
Still my campaigns are doing quite good and lately as I mentioned I have limited their daily budget growth to sustainable monthly amount which I can afford to invest until first google payments hit my bank account and worked mostly on increasing ROI which I managed to push up until 200% per day. Last week I managed to get my campaigns to consistent 20-25$ spend where I earn back 40-50$ per day.
Also few weeks ago I received my PIN letter from Google which they send once earnings reach 50$ for first time to identify given address and ensure that further payments will be sent correctly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard similar stories from many friends over the years... as sson as you are earning more than about $1000/mth your chances of being suspended, for some barely explained reason, rise very fast. :(

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog! I genuinely enjoyment from how it' s tranquil on my eyes and also the details are well written. I am wondering how I could be notified whenever a unripe delivery has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which should do the hoax! Receive a charming day!
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]